It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye

Self-indulgent crap. Dumping ground for photos and random rantings.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

About as good as it gets

After watching the breeding pair of nankeen kestrels at the Lonsdale St power station for a year, the male landed on the next-door neighbours' balcony yesterday evening.

And sat there for ages. Long enough for me to shoot a bunch of photos with the 70-210, change over to the 300 f/4 and start shooting again.

And he responded when I did my heavily human-accented version of his calls, without panicking and flying off.

I don't care if I never take another photo again - this is about as good as it gets. I've stood metres away from a wild raptor in the middle of the city and exchanged communication. Beats the hell out of chasing sparrows away.



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Sun Nov 26, 08:53:00 pm 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home